Be wary of buying lead-glass filled gems especially when on holiday overseas.
Jewellery experts say the lab-created stones are as durable as genuine stones. But in a new warning on its website, the Gemological Institute of America says it’s “exceedingly worried” about the glass-filled stones. “Even some of the most basic solvents that you might find around the house, like bleach for instance… could potentially damage the filler in these stones… . And it’s not repairable once it’s been damaged”, said Shane McClure of the Gemological Institute.
Read more at http://www.antoinettematlins.com/
3rd video down !